Sunday 2 November 2008

Tech.ed Day 0 - (aka geek week as its now known in the Medd house)

So I'm out in Barcelona for my first Tech.ed, really looking forward to it kicking off tomorrow:

Tip #1: Don't lift a chest of drawers up the stairs the day before going, its not good to travel with a back strain. I'm seriously hoping this wears off quickly

Tip #2: Strike up conversations with Tech looking people, so far:

  • At the airport car park I was waiting for a bus with one guy carrying a Tech.ed bag, obviously got chatting to him.
  • I got seated next to Nathan Winters - Exchange MVP on the plane. I knew who he was, but not vice-versa - he does now! (I think)
  • I tagged along with a similarly lost tech looking person at Barcelona airport looking for the bus into the city - he kindly pointed me in the right direction for my hotel after making it to the city and offered to show me how to get to the centre tomorrow via the metro.
  • Met up for the first time this evening with fellow Powershell fan Jon Noble, what a nice chap.

Consequently I have loads of tips and helpful info for getting the most out of this week.


I'll most likely be at all the Powershell sessions (also you will see me at AD and Exchange sessions), please say hello.

Monday I will definitely be at:

IDA01-IS Ok so what happened to SYSVOL in AD 2008? Do I need to care?
Room 133 at 17.45


1 comment:

Virtu-Al said...

Embrace the inner-geek :)